Cisco Spark Integrates Calling, Calendaring and Directories across Cloud UC Platforms and Apps
Cisco Spark is a service of the Cisco Collaboration Cloud that creates a place for teams to work together, where their work can live, and a way to stay connected to it all. Customers using our products and services, such as VoiceMaxx CE, can deploy Cisco Spark in hybrid unified communications (UC) environment for integrating calling platforms, calendar applications and user directories.
The benefits of Cisco Spark in an integrated hybrid UC scenario are efficiencies such as smooth data synchronization, conveniences such as single sign-on functions and expansion of your organization’s collaboration capabilities across offices and around the world.
What is a Hybrid UC Scenario?
A common hybrid UC scenario for our customers would include:
- Cisco Collaboration Cloud joined with the West Cloud
- VoiceMaxx CE for call control
- Cisco Spark services for messaging, meetings and file sharing
- Microsoft Exchange or Active Directory for calendaring (regardless of whether these apps are hosted by platforms such as Office Cloud, Office 365 or an on-premise configuration
4 Quick and Easy Collaboration Capabilities Enabled by Cisco Spark in a Hybrid UC Environment
When deploying this type of integrated hybrid environment, you enable four collaboration capabilities:
1. Softphone Calling – Cisco Spark can function as a softphone, giving users call control and awareness capabilities.
2. Meetings and Content Sharing – When a call comes to a user’s virtual workspace, Spark is aware of the caller’s identity and activates the caller’s workspace. So, meetings and sharing between users can commences immediately once a call is received.
3. Calendar Integration and Synchronization – Spark enables users to arrange meetings quickly and easily through calendar applications such as Outlook. When users enter domains such as “@Spark” or “@WebEx,” the integrated system talks through your Exchange server, for example, through West Cloud, and through the Spark Cloud to retrieve and prepopulate appointments with meeting information. So, instead of installing additional productivity tools from a platform such as WebEx, typing all the details or cutting and pasting the information, the integrated hybrid environment does the work for users.
4. Directory Integration – A hybrid environment integrated with Spark allows you to avoid exporting and uploading all user data from Active Directory or other directories. Spark and your directories stay in synch, enabling single sign-on functions that preserve directory credentials in their native environments. Users not only experience greater convenience, they operate within a more secure network.
Interested in Learning more about deploying Cisco Spark in a Hybrid UC Scenario?
Deploying Cisco Spark in an integrated hybrid UC scenario increases efficiency through smooth data synchronization, creates convenience through functions such as single sign-on, and expands your organization’s collaboration capabilities across offices and around the world.
If you have VoiceMaxx CE or are considering VoiceMaxx CE and already have assets such as Exchange and Active Directory in place, we would be happy to tell you more about what Cisco Spark can do for your organization
Give us a call at 877-489-7647 or use the ‘connect with sales’ button at the right of the page.